Pages

Monday 25 May 2015

A leap of faith

A leap of faith



I clutch the metal rungs, a rush of doubt crosses my mind. I try to dodge the ropes that constantly get in my way. I hear a mush of voices, like the beeping of horns during busy traffic. I honestly don’t know whose voice belongs to who.


Some how, I’ve made it to the top of the wooden pole. I try to get my balance, and stand on the pole but it just doesn’t happen. I stop ignoring the voices of my fellow friends, and actually let them take control of my next steps.


I try my hardest not to embarrass myself, but I don’t want to get off. I search for the little bit of self belief hidden in myself, and manage to stand on the pole. I take a little step back, mind you not being a lot of space to complete that task, and take a leap of faith.


I catch it! I hold on to the bar like i’m clinging onto life. Somehow, my emotions have lead to become a mixture of pride, self belief, and confidence. Whereas 2 minutes ago I only felt terrified.

I can’t believe it. I’ve finally conquered my fear of heights (Well only this high, but it's still a personal milestone!) I swing for a while, until I actually let go.  As soon as my feet touch the ground, my thoughts revolve around  the conquering of one of my biggest fears, Heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.