Pages

Friday 12 April 2013

My recount on The Red Poppy.By Fine

I am sorry I did not finish the recount.
The Red Poppy.

It was a dark windy night. Soldiers were marching to the trenches. Its 5:30 we were all waiting in the trenches 10 minutes have gone past and the battlefield is quiet. 6:20 gunshots are fired. We get are ladders ready.

Finally at 6:30 the battle has STARTED!!. We charge to fight. I see poppies and dive down for cover. I get shot in my arm and fall into a shell hole.

I try to find a way out but can’t.  I see someone trapped inside here too.  I squint my eyes and see that he is a GERMAN!. I knew I was going to die.

He was going to pull something out of his jacket, what was it?. Was it a gun. No it was bandages. He came closer and handed it to me.

I think he wants to be friends.”My name is Karl” he said to me. “My name is Jim” I replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.