Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

My Time at Eastern Beach. By Fine


My time at Eastern Beach.


It was a shivering morning, the wind was blowing and the trees were swaying. It was our school’s annual picnic. We departed school at 9:15 am. When we walked up to the driveway there were three buses waiting to be filled with children. My classroom went on the first bus but we had to share with the juniors.


In the bus we were squashed just like sardines in a can but we didn't care about that , we mostly cared about arriving at Eastern Beach. Finally we were at the one and only Eastern Beach. The juniors were jumping out of their seats ready to get out of the bus. But Room 5 went out of the bus first.


We had to walk in a line like a caterpillar past the car park into the field. We sat down in a neat row, listening to Mr Johnston’s safety instructions. Finally we were allowed to play with the sport equipment. First I played volleyball with most of the girls.


THWACK!, Shantay made an awesome spike, unfortunately she was the other team. It was Angel, Caitlin, Mere, Latisha and me on one side and Shantay, Lavinia, Halatoa and Christopher. But sometimes I didn't know who was on whose team because they would always swap sides.


“There are still some more apples left” Mr. Johnston said through the speaker-phone. I went to the tent where the apples were. I picked one up, bit into it. UGH! no wonder why no one was eating any apples they were sour.


“ Room 5 & 7 are allowed to swim” Mr Johnston said  through his speaker phone. Luckily I was already in my swimming gear. I slowly walked into the beach. Oh man! I got wet from people splashing water onto me.


Its now or never I thought to myself. I dived into the water it was freezing cold, it was like I was in the ice age. I finally got use to the water.


Everyone was getting on each others shoulders and having wars. It was really fun but then I got cold so I went to shore and changed into my dry clothes. Then Mr Johnston said “Everyone came back we are going home soon”.


Everyone came out and started getting changed. Some people had to pick up rubbish before we left Eastern Beach, I was one of those people. All the classrooms lined up and went into there buses.

Ah!! home time. I thought if maybe next when I become year 7 I will kayak. How exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.