Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2015

The Grid Challenge


 

This is a few pictures from the Grid Challenge that we tried out this morning. We had to get into pairs and grab a pencil. Each pair was given one paper. The paper displayed a large grid that had a clear line down the middle. This line showed the separation from each partners grid. We were also given two dice. Each time we rolled the dice, we used the numbers to look for arrays on our grid. The aim of the game was to fill out our grid as much as possible. When the time was up, we counted the left over squares of the grid. My partner Yvette had 8 squares left and I had 6. That meant I won because I had the least squares left over. I think that this game is very useful for when practising arrays or multiplication. The Grid Challenge was a lot of fun to play, and a really interesting way to learn maths. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.